Friday, February 18, 2011

Fantasia Barrino says she did not attend the 53rd Grammy Awards because she was not asked to take part in a tribute performance honouring Aretha Franklin.

Fantasia Barrino, the American Idol winner, says she did not attend Sundays (13th February 2011) GRAMMY AWARDS because she was not asked to take part in the ARETHA Franklin tribute, reports OnTheRedCarpet.com. The show's first 15 minutes were dedicated to Franklin, who has racked up a total of 18 grammy awards during her distinguished career. The medley of songs was performed by 'Idol' finalist Jennifer Hudson, Christina Agilera, Florence Welch and Martina McBride.


Barrino, who won the prize for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance, said she opted to watch the ceremony from home, adding, "They were honoring someone who is my idol, Aretha Franklin, and there is no way I could have sat there and not got the happy feet and wanting to jump on the mic because she is my favorite so I felt like, you know, at the end of the day I should have been on that stage".

The 26-year-old, who was triumphant on American Idol in 2004, said she particularly enjoyed Cee Lo Green's performance at the awards show, adding, "I watched Cee Lo's performance, I love Cee Lo, love Gaga, watched Gaga, and I love Rihanna's performance, but I kind of cooked and did my own think last night and was in my own world and was hoping that I won".

It was recently announced that Fantasia Barrino would be starring in her first major film. The singer has been cast in the biopic of gospel singer Mahalia Jackson, who was also a civil rights activist and prominent supporter of Martin Luther King Jr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY